Monday, April 7, 2008

This Weekend

I couldn’t really think of anything in particular to write this week’s blog on, which may be a good thing, because I write about some pretty asinine stuff. So I guess I’ll just narrate you guys through the amazing adventures of my weekend.
This weekend I wasn't scheduled to work either Saturday or Sunday. Yep, I got an entire weekend off of work, in a big box retail store, on the only two days I have completely open availability, I don’t even know how it happened, a server must have crashed or something, teams of engineers are working feverishly to fix this non-weekend scheduling big as we speak. I seriously don't even remember the last work-free weekend I’ve had aside from when I requested off to go to Tucson during spring break. Needless to say I was way pumped to do absolutely nothing.
….And with most of my party friends out of town, that’s exactly what I did, slept until noon on Saturday until my alarm went off (yes I do have an alarm set for noon, I like to pretend I have important things to do on days like this, I can’t afford sleeping until 2, seriously). Got a meatball sub from sub connection (which yes, IS part of a well-balanced breakfast (and yes I do realize the irony that an avid breakfast sub lover as myself didn’t get one for breakfast, (and yes I did just put a parenthesis inside of a parenthesis)). I then proceeded to begin the important task of sitting on my ass and playing Devil May Cry 4 for 6 straight hours, beating the game in the process, something which was well overdue since I had bought it when it came out, and barely played it. I then proceeded to go to the union with some friends and eat, for about an hour, eating, eating, and then more eating, defiantly flipping over the “know your portions” sign on the table, and then eating some more, tonight we dined with gluttony. After which I went back to my room to study, but within minutes some guys from down the hall asked if I wanted to play smash bros. brawl, being the diligent student I am, I slammed my book closed and we gamed it up, until literally 2am, upon which I went back to my room and watched The Office until like 4, passed out until noon again, got some breakfast, and went down to 98C to continue working on the Tandem Trike we are building for ASME, got the roll bar cut and welded, and got dinner. And here I am, doing homework at the last minute as always, but I have no regrets, as Ms. B’s said earlier in her blog, it’s good to have a whole day of nothing but what you enjoy.

1 comment:

Elisabeth Gawne said...

that sounds like an amaaazing weekend. stress free and able to do whatever you want. i miss having weekends like this. i cant wait until summer when i can just lay out by a pool and tan all weekend.