Monday, March 31, 2008

Things that Anger Me.

So it’s 3am, I just got back from work, and I am about as pessimistic, irritable, and dejected as I can be at the moment, which means it’s time to rant and rave through my magic 17” window to the internet.

First order of business: why am I up at 3am on a Sunday night? Well, because it was physical inventory night today at best buy, and HOORAY, I was one of the lucky ones who got to stay and count EVERY. SINGLE. SOLITARY. STINKIN. ITEM. In the store. The schedules all said 6pm to 12 midnight, but alas, that was all optimism, and as the night progressed, we all realized that we weren’t getting out of there at midnight. It’s something that must be done, but seriously, this is the kind of thing we should be using robots for, not orchestrated dance performances in Japan or whatever the hell they do with those things nowadays. I don’t think I’ve ever counted so many packs of ink or blank cds or laptop bags in my life. If that wasn’t annoying enough the stupid archaic pieces of scanning equipment that was shipped to us for the night beeped every time you scanned something (like a good little scanner should), but dear lord, by the end of the night, the convoluted, chaotic, grating symphony of beep beep beep BEEP echoing across the store was enough to drive even the most hardened retail workers to the brink of pure MADNESS (this is where I’d put a 300 joke but they’re overused now so you don’t get one).

Second order of business: The Hotspot, why is it that every single time we have campus tours, the food suddenly gets better and there’s more on the menu. Well obviously it’s because they’re trying to impress the visitors and give a skewed, better view of campus food. On top of that, half the time they just let the parents in for free, why serve better food on the night your losing the most money, I demand pot pie and steak any damned night of the week. Sadly, that’s not how things work, when the visitors aren’t around, what do I get? The same usual menu with a slight bit of changes. I will give props to magellan’s for having something new nearly every day, however there is one major problem. Zucchini, seriously what the hell is their deal? It seems they put zucchini in everything, its like this amazing super-veggie that solves all the world’s problems. Chicken? How about zucchini fried chicken. Pasta? HELL NAW, we need zucchini ravioli. Zucchini? NO WAY, WE NEED DOUBLE FRIKKEN ZUCCHINI IN A FESTIVE ZUCCHINI SAUCE. Aggghghh I hate zucchini, it is quite possibly the worst tasting vegetable in existence, to top it off they things are freakin huge, you can’t just put a few slices in and call it quits, you got a whole damned gourd to cut up and throw in and ruin your dish with (or in the words of magellans, “improve” your dish). I swear, the breakroom must have this poster in it, hell they probably have it on every wall, the ceilings too.



I was gonna have a third and maybe fourth order of business, but you know what, screw it, nothing will top my hatred of zucchini’s and their incessant use at Magellan’s. Burn in hell zucchini, burn in hell.

No comments: